Low-Back Pain Treatment at Victory Rehab
Low back pain is statisticaly the most common reason for someone to visit a chiropractor. At Victory Rehab low back pain constitutes the majority of our patient base. To understand the true prevalence of how many people are affected by low back pain here are just a few statistics from the American Chiropractic Association: (http://www.acatoday.org/level2_css.cfm?T1ID=13&T2ID=68)
Low back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide, according to the Global Burden of Disease 2010.
- One-half of all working Americans admit to having low back pain symptoms each year.
- Low back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
- Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organic—meaning they are not caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture or cancer.
- Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on low back pain—and that’s just for the more easily identified costs.
- Experts estimate that as many as 80% of the population will experience a low back problem at some time in our lives.
Treatment of Low-Back Pain:
Chiropractic care is one of the most cost effective and least invasive ways to successfully treat mechanical low back pain. It is extremely important for your chiropractor to perform a proper and thorough examination to determine where your low back pain is coming from. Once the cause of your low back pain is identified then your chiropractor can suggest the best approach to treat the underlying issue. Often times the best approach to mechanical low back pain is through specific chiropractic adjustments and functional rehabilitation.
Click the above button to schedule an appointment with one of our amazing chiropractors.